SCMA Honors Companies for Excellence in Corporate Responsibility
(April 26, 2019) – Today, at its statewide annual meeting in Charleston, the South Carolina Manufacturers Alliance awarded 20 South Carolina manufacturing facilities with the its Corporate Responsibility Award for their accomplishments in 2018.
The Award honors South Carolina manufacturing facilities that positively impact their respective local communities. Applicants are judge in three categories: Community Involvement and Philanthropy, Environmental Stewardship, and Wellness and Safety.
“We created the Excellence in Corporate Responsibility Award to honor manufacturers for the incredible contributions they are making every day in South Carolina,” said Sara Hazzard, President & CEO of the South Carolina Manufacturers Alliance. “The companies who earn this award are held to very high standards and each have demonstrated that they have gone above and beyond in empowering their teams to be a catalyst for change that better their operations, community, and the state of South Carolina. We are proud to honor so many South Carolina facilities for their commitment to excellence in corporate responsibility.”
Photos of the award recipients are available upon request.
• AFL – Duncan , SC
• BMW – Greer, SC
• Caterpillar – Sumter, SC
• Highland – Cheraw, SC
• Ingevity – North Charleston, SC
• International Paper – Eastover, SC
• Michelin North America – Greenville, SC
• Nucor Steel- Berkeley – Huger, SC
• Sage Automotive Abbeville Plant – Abbeville, SC
• Sage Automotive Cotton Blossom – Spartanburg, SC
• Sage Automotive Gayley – Greenville, SC
• Sage Automotive Sharon – Abbeville, SC
• Sonoco – Hartsville, SC
• Springs Creative – Rock Hill, SC